Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pumpkin Buddies

It seemed like the next logical thing would be to introduce organic shapes. This was a little difficult for them to wrap their head around because some organic shapes look very similar to geometric shapes. 

Here we used foam plates to carve pumpkins. I wanted to use a tool that wouldn't be sharp in any way so I decided on wooden chopsticks I found at a local dollar store. They worked so nicely! Each student printed their pumpkin and then printed a buddies. The buddy had to be someone that their table. Next time I'd use sharpie for the jack-o-lantern faces instead of black colored pencil. The secret to the glow they seem to give is using orange and yellow printing inks. I saw this lesson on another site and changed it a bit but unfortunately I don't have the original site. 

Art vocab: organic shapes, printmaking, oil pastels





No comments :

Post a Comment